This overnight Red Centre tour is ideal for travellers who are short on time but still want to travel to see Uluru and Kata Tjuta by flying directly into and out of Ayers Rock Resort. Travel by 4WD and spend the night in our remote campsite complete with permanent safari tents. See iconic Outback landscapes and learn about local culture with the help of your experienced tour guide. Enjoy the company of other active travellers from all over the world on this Red Centre tour which travels directly into the heart of the Australia – Outback travel experiences don’t get much better than this.
Tour Price Includes:
Professional tour guide, travel in an air-conditioned 4WD vehicle, all meals (as listed on itineraries), camping equipment and fees, pillow, sleeping bag hire, reference books, drinking water (please provide your own bottle) and park entry fee.
What you need to bring:
Torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle (1.5 litres), walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own), toiletries, swim wear, towel, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for 3 days.
- Tour itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Safari is not suitable for children under 8 years of age.
- Please be dressed in comfortable walking clothing and footwear, have a water bottle and hat with sunscreen when boarding tour at Ayers Rock Resort or airport.
- We recommend guests arrive on the Jetstar or Virgin Australia flights into Ayers Rock. Although we collect guests arriving on the later Qantas service please note guests will not receive a full experience at Uluru should they choose this service.
- Clients joining at Ayers Rock airport or resort will do so after lunch and therefore lunch is at own expense.
- Please call our Reservations Team (1300 551 510) during business hours at least 48 hours prior to departure to confirm pick-up location and time.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to a day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10kg).
Day 1 (Dinner)
Welcome to the Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park. After your tour guide has collected you from the Ayers Rock Airport, you’ll travel to the cultural centre of the national park for an introduction to the Anangu and the cultural significance of this land. Afterwards, visit Uluru for an interpretive walk around the base. Those choosing to climb will have the opportunity to do so, weather permitting. (Note: Uluru is a sacred site and Anangu, the indigenous custodians, respectfully ask visitors not to climb it.) Of course no Uluru tour would be complete without experiencing the famous changing colours of Uluru at sunset, complete with sparkling wine and nibbles. Kicking back and contemplating the vastness of the desert is one of the simplest yet most rewarding Red Centre travel experiences.
Day 2 (Breakfast)
Your tour guide will wake you bright and early to experience a mesmerising Uluru sunrise which can be viewed close-by our campsite. Early mornings are a magical time in the desert and a Red Centre travel experience not to miss. Afterwards, travel a short distance to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), an Aboriginal word for “many heads”, to explore its domes of which there are 36 in total. Pull on your hiking boots and travel through the Valley of the Winds by foot, through creek beds, domes and beautiful wilderness. Travel back to Ayers Rock Resort where your Red Centre tour comes to an end.